Did you enjoy cooking the Mexican tacos? Keen to recreate them? Read on to find out more,
(serves 3 or 4 )
Pack of tortilla wraps (6 - will make 12 tacos/8 for 16 tacos).
4 chicken breasts (or 2 sweet potatoes if vegan/vegetarian)
Cumin & smoked paprika
Chilli powder or cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper
1 or 2 ripe avocados
3 red onions
Vinegar (any kind)
Bag of fresh coriander
1 can of sweetcorn
1 red pepper
1. Peel & dice the sweet potatoes
2. Chicken cut into thin strips
3. Crush three cloves of garlic
4. Sweet potato people (put the oven onto 180 degrees Celsius)
5. Marinate the chicken/coat the sweet potatoes.
The Marinade Recipe
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon paprika (smoked preferable but not essential)
1 teaspoon of chilli powder or cayenne pepper (depending on spice tolerance!)
A good grind salt and pepper
A tablespoon of sugar
2 or 3 spoons of oil
1. Give it a mix & put the potatoes or chicken in with it and mix it all up!
2. Potato people, put it onto a tray and put them into the oven.
the pickled red onions
1. Thinly slice red onion into rings
2. 80ml vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon salt, stir to make a pickling liquor.
3. Place the red onion rings into the mix & stir.
The Crunchy Salad
1. 1 can of sweetcorn, 1 red pepper, 1 red onion, fresh coriander, lime, chilli flakes (optional)
2. Drain the sweetcorn
3. Dice pepper (as small as you can!)
4. Dice the red onion (we will use half of it in this part.)
5. Mix these together and add the roughly chopped coriander.
6. Season with salt, pepper & add some lime juice.
1. Add the half of the red onion you haven’t yet used to a bowl.
2. Add the avocado into the bowl & chop/mash (texture to your preference)
3. Option to add diced tomatoes or red pepper if you want.
4. Plenty of lime juice into this (to taste) & good bunch of chopped coriander.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste
6. Chilli flakes/sour cream/feta optional additions.
The Tortilla Breads
1. Take a small bowl/large cookie cutter – use these to cut the tortilla bread.
2. With the offcuts, place them onto a baking tray and put them in the oven at 180 degrees – 15-25 minutes cooking time until golden brown (option to deep fry these – baking far healthier!).
1. Place the frying pan onto a medium to high heat & add a tablespoon of oil.
2. Once the pan is hot, stir fry the chicken in batches (don’t overcrowd the pan!)
Tortilla recipe (to make your own!)
3 cups of all purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp of oil (any oil)
1 cup of warm water
1. Bring the ingredients into a dough.
2. Rest & divide into sixteen.
3. Roll them out and pan fry on each side until golden.
Did you love the cooking class? Why not book a private session with Charlotte here.